The Green Power Process
As Green Power is registered with the Green Building Council of SA, we can help you get green star points for your intervention. This is of particular relevance to the marketability of your property i.e. tenants are now looking for properties with lower operating costs (both directly and through common charges) that accrue from minimising electricity consumption.
Tell us about your energy related challenges and your objectives in terms of energy savings. We will undertake a desktop review and if we believe that we can develop a financially feasible proposal, we will perform a detailed investigation and give you a report detailing the following:
- Cost of the intervention
- Existing and proposed energy-efficient retrofit product
- Energy savings that can be achieved in both demand (kVA) and annual consumption (kWh)
- Payback period for the capital invested
- IRR over 4 years
- Estimated reduction in operating costs over 4 years resulting from the intervention
- Impact of intervention on your carbon footprint (for triple bottom line reporting purposes)
We can also assist with:
- Lighting design, to ensure that desired light levels are achieved; and
- Smart metering to determine the energy profile of the property and ensure that estimated savings from the intervention are achievable.
If we confirm that your project objectives are achievable with tangible measurables, you only pay for the investigation (R2500 per site provided that it is in Gauteng or the Western Cape) if you then decide not proceed with the project.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- Any intervention will include a recommendation to measure electricity consumption on relevant circuits before and after project implementation to confirm energy savings and accurately report back to your stakeholders. Not only is it good to verify that the anticipated savings have been achieved, just monitoring energy consumption can be used as an energy saving tool as it encourages behavioural changes. We can tell you more about this during the initial engagement process.
- Green Power is product agnostic and solutions driven i.e. we won’t force a particular solution or brand on you. As we have completed energy efficient lighting projects in more than 24 malls across SA using many different solution sets to address problem areas, we know what works and which technology to use. As such we will propose the best solution that is fit for purpose first..
- As Green Power is registered with the Green Building Council of SA, we can help you get green star points for your intervention. This is of particular relevance to the marketability of your mall i.e. tenants are now looking for malls with lower operating costs that accrue from minimising electricity consumption.