When you can measure, you can manage
We live in a severely energy-constrained society. To allow our economy to grow, we need to reduce the energy intensity of our economy. If we are successful in this, our economy can grow and jobs can be created within the existing electricity generation constraints.
When you are able to measure electrical usage in real time, you are able to deliver rapid responses to electrical usage anomalies for example equipment left running (air conditioners, ovens, lights, etc.) This is where real RAND savings are delivered quickly and so improving the bottom line of any size of business no matter the industry.
The Eniscope measures all the required electrical parameters, then delivers data to a real time dashboard. It offers easy to understand analytical displays, showing energy consumption patterns either by individual pieces of equipment, circuits, departments or buildings at a one-minute resolution. The data is available across networks, to be viewed on any computer, or across a range of portable devices, from anywhere in the world. The information is displayed in a language you will understand, be it kW’s, Cost, Voltage or Carbon footprint.
Eniscope meters and their supporting analytics provide building owners and operators with data that can be used for:
- Verification of utility bills
- Comparison of utility rates
- Proper allocation of costs between divisions/business units or reimbursable tenant costs
- Improved peak demand management
- Measurement and verification of the actual performance of an energy project or energy related capex program
- Benchmarking energy use profile for a building/type of building
- Identifying operational efficiency improvement opportunities and retrofit project opportunities
- Facilitate rapid response to anomalies – water leaks, etc
- Usage reporting and tracking in support of establishing and monitoring utility budgets and costs, and in developing annual agency energy reports.
Green Power Client Case Studies
This company used Eniscope to track energy generated by its 0.75Mw rooftop PV plant as well as energy consumption within its Head Office building.
The prominently displayed real-time monitor allowed employees to become engaged in making sure that energy was used efficiently and wastage limited. The display also demonstrated to visitors the company’s proactive environmental attitude to energy sustainability.
KFC is installing Eniscopes in the more than 1000 KFC and Pizza Huts across Malaysia.
The ability to measure individual circuits and equipment allowed the company to have targeted interventions to reduce in-store energy consumption.
Eniscopes are being installed within 220 of its buildings to monitor energy use and reduce demand charges through proactive interventions.
The company was able to reduce its demand charge by 20% at one of its buildings without compromising working conditions as a result of increased awareness of how equipment was being used.
Eniscopes are being installed by Shell in its network of 2100 filling stations across Denmark.
The real-time monitors are being used to reduce wasted energy by ensuring that all equipment is shut down before staff leaves the site at night. This has resulted in a 13% reduction in energy used on the forecourt.